Thursday, July 26, 2012

Steak Pizzaiola

Whenever I go to an Italian restaurant where I am a little dubious of how good there sauces would be,I always ask for Steak with a Pizzaiola sauce,there isn't an Italian Restaurant in the world that can't make a half decent Pizzaiola sauce.

This is a fabulous dish done well,Start by sautéing finely chopped garlic in olive oil,don't let it burn or it will be bitter,just as it looks as though its going to take on colour add a splash of ideally white wine,I had drank all the white wine so added red,then let that bubble up for 30 seconds and add chopped tomatoes,reduce the heat and let that simmer,as it does so it gets richer season with salt and pepper and then add a tbsp of capers and a handful of black Olives.

I had cooked the steaks on the BBQ about one minute either side then added to the pan with the sauce took the pan off the heat and let them rest at least 5 minutes.

Serve on a plate with some chopped parsley,or in my case parsley stalks out of parsley! or Basil,Proper Food!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love to make this with pork chops but steak would be so good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used Sirloin,but its also very nice with thin slices of veal

      Delete