Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mexican Inspired Fillet Steak

Who doesn't just adore Mexican food? But how often is the idea better than the food you actually get? more than often in my case. I wanted to create a dish with the flavours of Mexican food but keep it fresh which to my mind is where it it inevitably falls down.

I started with making a Red Pepper Tomato and Chilli Salsa. I fried finely chopped Garlic in Olive Oil until it was just about to colour, added Jarred Roasted Red Peppers and spooned in some chunks of Tomato and some very fiery Red Chillies. Turned the heat down add a little, no more than a couple of tablespoons of Chicken Stock.

Blitz with a hand blender. Now make a Guacamole and prepare the steaks.

I took the steaks out the fridge half an hour before cooking added some Light Soy Sauce and a little Olive Oil. I got my Griddle pan scorching hot and cooked a minute each side, put them in a roasting tray with a squirt of Lime juice and put in a pre heated oven for 3 minutes.

I used a pastry ring to the plate filled it with Guacamole, Added around the side of the ring some of my Salsa, then placed the Fillet on top after resting for 5 minutes, Added a little more Lime juice some freshly chopped coriander took off the ring, I was more than delighted with the result.

Fresh Vibrant Salsa, Flavoursome colourful Guacamole,And Rare juicy Steak, Acapulco on a plate

No comments:

Post a Comment