Monday, August 13, 2012

Pollo Milanese

I love Costaletta Milanese, but didn't have any Veal cutlets today so used a Chicken breast. Milanese means the food of the people of Milan. Its such a scrumptious dish, in Italy its traditionally served with with a bowl tomato and Basil spaghetti and I would have done but August in Spain, it's just too hot, I had a tomato salad on the side.

I marinated the chicken in lemon juice parsley and garlic for around four hours. For the coating,I mixed a beaten egg with a drop of milk in a bowl.

On a plate I mixed Panco breadcrumbs with Finely grated Parmesan and added a tsb of dried Parsley, I seasoned the Chicken breasts which I had beaten down between to sheets of cling film and immersed them in the beaten egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixtures wrapped loosely in baking paper and put in the fridge for ten minutes.

In a heavy based frying pan I heated a knob of butter with vegetable oil,enough to cover the whole of the base of the pan until almost smoking hot,and added the chicken sautéing, shaking the pan continuously for about 3 minutes each side added to a roasting tray on baking paper and put in a preheated oven at 200c. for 18 minutes.

Serve with a lemon wedge, perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment