Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tuna Salad

Just about every single Restaurant and Venta in Spain serves a version of Tuna Salad usually with sweetcorn which I think ruins it. Nothing wrong with Sweetcorn, who doesn't love fresh corn on the cob but the tinned variety are not great and don't add them to the salad, or anything else for that matter.

I don't use Mayonnaise, just the Oil from the tinned Tuna with a little Lemon juice. It is simply Iceberg Lettuce and Herb Leaves a little Romano lettuce some chopped tomatoes cucumber and a soft boiled egg. I chop some Spinach leaves finely as a substitute to Parsley.

You could add Red onion, I sometimes do and I often add Parmesan Cheese, I didn't do today. It made a lovely light vibrant lunch and surprisingly filling.

A proper Summers Lunch,two of my favourite words.

No comments:

Post a Comment